Thursday, July 10, 2008

ACC and Us

Hey everyone. I'm Lynnea. and I have ACC *hears a chorus of "Hi Lynnea's"*

ACC is a brain disorder called Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum. Many are born with it though it is coinsidered rare. Everyone with ACC is different. Some are of normal intellegence while others have more difficulty. There are some that cant walk, or talk, or that struggle with seizures. And there are types called partial or complete ACC.

I have complete ACC. It means that the middle part of the brain...the Corpus Callosum, that connects the two sides and sends messages is actually missing or partially missing. Some people with ACC find out young, while others find out when they are much older. I personally found out at age 20 and am now 22. ACC is a struggle for those with it as well as the families and friends of those people.

More people should know about this disorder because there are so many that dont understand it or accept it. And that's what I'm here for. So if there are any questions or any of you out there have it or know someone with it let me know! Let the ACC awareness begin.
-Lynnea

No comments: